Good day on ebay - so the Samurai 6mm project goes to Stage 2

Managed to shift 3 lots of 28mm figures today - some evil cultists, Predator aliens and cops with handguns - for around £30 - and have also got some 6mm buildings and 28mm very old Citadel fantasy figures that already have bids on so I think between £50 and £60 all told.

This means I can expand the samurai army - or rather I have enough to finish off two armies.  I've decided to base them for Principles of War Renaissance but in a cunning way.  I will either stick with 9cm x 3cm bases (as required by POW) but these can be split into 3cm x 1.5cm or 4.5cm x 3cm etc. so I could use these for other rule sets (like Impetus or FOG).  So I'll create some magnetic bases of the required POW size on which these can then sit.  Having said that, I could use 9cm x 3cm for Impetus anyway so I may just stick with that.

POW 9cm x 3cm basing

I'll mainly expand using Baccus' 6mm samurai figures (mainly ashigaru as I need a shed load of ashigaru with spear).  But I'll also get some Irregular samurai figures (as well as their 6mm samurai castle as a centre point for battles).  So I will have enough for a full scale POW battle (including some ECW musketeers to represent European 'allies').


Once I've finished the Prussians (and a few Russian tanks) then it's on (and the paintbrushes will take a pounding).