Apologies!

I've been busy at work and neglected my blogging for a bit - and quite a lot has happened.

Russ whupped me with his Persian army (throwing a double 1 for my first cohesion test didn't help) and I simply got mushed (a combination of awful dice, bad decision making and a general feeling of 'not that bothered') but we're feeling a bit out of love with FOG at present and looking towards getting some Napoleonics on again.

So we both bought the Polymos rules at from Baccus' stand at Phalanx - as well as buying a Prussian army to complement my 6mm British.  Russ has bought a French army and is adding to it as we speak.  I had to rebase all my troops (it took a looooong time!) but they look a lot better now (60mm x 30mm bases make the troops look a lot more substantial and more like regiments on the field.

We had a bash at the rules at Gauntlet with Martin (an experienced player) helpfully taking us through the rules with Russ and myself taking him on.  The result was never in doubt (we got battered) but we all really enjoyed it.

Martin had some fantastic Timecast scenery on display - which enticed myself and Russ to purchase some extra buildings and other bits to complement the game.  Russ is going for the Northern Europe (Germany, Russia) and I'm doing the Southern (Spain, Italy, France).

I also bought some trees from The Model Tree Shop - 45 for £18! These will complement the bases I'm putting the buildings on.

The idea will to create 5" or 6" blocks of building bases that can stand alone or be joined together to make villages / towns.  So all bases will be flocked in exactly the same way to ensure they visually 'fit'.

We won't be abandoning ancients but we will be giving Naps a go for a bit - so I will (in the next week or so) redesign my blog to accomodate both periods and to become a more generic site in the process.