Enclosed Fields / Plantation finished

Some pictures of the first enclosed field - and the plantation before all the fruit trees are placed.


The Gallic cavalry add scale - the board is 10" x 10".  I wanted a mix of crops and decided to put a small corner in for some olive trees and then put some bigger trees in the 'grass field' - used for grazing the goats!

The top left corner and the bottom right are both corrugated cardboard painted and flocked - I think they work quite well.

Note that I've deliberately created some 'bald' patches in the crops - I notice that a lot of crop fields have them and think that in ancient times the old 'hand sowing' technique would not create a perfectly even spread of crops.

I'm happy with the stone walls - they look nice and rough as I'm sure ancient stone walls around fields would be.  Gaps in the wall allow the 'farmer' to get from field to field.


The big trees in the grass field - made by me!



 Patchy crops - deliberate, honest!

Eye level - get off my crops, you Gallic beasts!


The plantation base is also finished - I've placed some of the completed tree bases on it, together with removable stone walls (the next plantation I might make some permanent walls).  The trees can be moved as required.  I'll have at least 5 bases of tress per big base.


Same Gallic cavalry - they must like fruit.