Off on my holidays! Painting ahoy!

We're off to Scotland for half-term, staying in a little cottage on the West Coast.

As its going to be wet this week and we'll have long nights to fill, I'm taking the opportunity to take a big chunk out of my unpainted troops (mainly the Macedonian / Seleucids) by carting my paints, brushes and inks up with us. 

It shouldn't take up too much space in the boot and will mean that I've got something constructive to do at nights (apart from read) rather than just watch the box.

As I've finished my first BG's of pikes, psioli and thorakitai it should mean I'll have a full army to combat Russ' Persians on our return.

There is a whopping amount of cavalry to knock out as well as the hoplites and pikes (plus the theurophori and Thracians with rhomphaia - a tidy unit as they get a + against swordsmen AND cancel out better armour POA's).

I'll also be taking my FOG rule book for a bit of light reading!