Grand Armee - re-basing continues apace

Prior to ordering a big batch of Prussians and British to round off my Napoleonic armies, I thought it best to finish re-basing my existing units (especially as I have unpainted and half-painted Prussian units still to finish).

To this end I've spent most of today gently prising troops from their Polemos bases and re-attaching them to Grand Armee bases.  This is proving time consuming but the 3" bases (when finished) do look much more 'Napoleonic' - many more troops in lines and columns and with added scenery touches to boot.

So far I've done 3 Dutch, 3 Portugese, 2 Brunswick (mixed cavalry, foot soldiers and skirmishers) and the first British foot and cavalry bases.  The 10 bases have pretty much taken all day - and its a bit daunting when you realise you've still got 20+ bases to go just for the foot, never mind another 10 or so for cavalry and at least 10 artillery bases (with guns and limbers).

But if I crack on I should have them all done before the weekend - just in time for the next batch to arrive.

The plan is to have them all done in time for the end of January when (I believe) a major battle involving the French vs a combined British / Prussian force is on the cards.

Pictures of the completed bases to follow (they're drying at the moment).