The last of the ancients

My Christmas present of a batch of Magister Militum figures represents the last of my ancient purchases for the forseeable future.  I now have so much unpainted metal that buying more makes no sense and - once that metal is painted, I will have between 10 and 12 different ancient armies to choose from (possibly more if I mix and match a bit) - more than I'll need for the next 5 years or so.

As a consequence I'll be looking into building armies of later periods - feudal and medieval preferably - and I'm certainly keen to get some Welsh longbowmen on the field.  But not for some time.

I'll be checking out the FOG army lists to see where to go next (once the mountain of lead is painted AND the Napoleonic army is completed).

I've also decided to finish painting the Gauls next (rather than the Parthians) as they can represent a number of armies and more closely represent the Celtiberians.

Pictures to follow once I make some progress!