Phalanx pics

As you know, I went to Phalanx on Saturday.  Mark was unable to make it as he had to prepare for a family BBQ that was going to get rained off anyway and Russ had a prior appointment with Elton John.

You heard me.  Elton John.

Russ (without his glasses) meets his hero on stage
While Mark gets the family BBQ underway

I met Ian down there as well as other Deeside Defenders (as Phalanx - apart from Gauntlet, obviously) is our nearest show.

Had a good chat with Ian about future plans - including WW1, Spanish Civil War, Italian Wars, Japanese 16C and WW2 without the Germans.

Saw Steve and Frank of the Baggage Train who's now brought out a 6mm Pegasus Bridge, some great vineyards and German bunkers - alongside all his other good stuff.

The show didn't seem as busy as last year.  Certainly less traders were around and less people at the show.  I mean, the scrum around the Bring and Buy was only 3 deep (last time I couldn't get within 5 yards of the table).  I managed to buy 2 WW1 for £3.50.

The loot was quite specific - more Irregular stuff (mainly for WW2 including track for my Russian armoured train and some entrenched troops to use as dug in troops for Spearhead.  I also got some magnetic tape for my German WW2 ships and Spearhead troops bases and some flock but certainly didn't splash too much cash.  I even managed to avoid buying a metal dice (after all, £5 for one dice!) and some German Cross dice (as - unlike Flames of War - they've put the insignia where the '1' is - not the '6').

The only error I made was missing the train back to Liverpool by 1 minute.  I therefore went back into Phalanx for a quick look around then scampered back to the station - and missed the next train by one minute as well.

Anyway - here's the pics.  Some of them have come out badly as the lighting is pretty poor at Phalanx.


Phalanx overview
VBCW vehicles

Italian Wars
Baggage Train WW2 bunkers (6mm)
Pegasus Bridge (but can also double as a small harbour bridge)

Bring and Buy scrum
Card ships for ancients sea battles from Tiny Tin Troops
Epic VBCW English town 
And fighting in the town
These tickled me - W40k Orks I think
ECW huge battle
MDF Western buildings 
ECW - Parliamentarian cavalry

German SPG 

More Baggage Train bunkers
Baggage Train vineyard

Victorian vampire hunting