I think we're going to need more lolly sticks.

Before settling down to the ancients campaign and a game of Watch Your Six! last night, we had a brief Tarawa meeting to detwermine who was doing what in terms of scenery, troops etc.

We came to the sea walls and barbed wire and Ian casually dropped into the conversation that the sea walls extended around 50% of the island and the barbed wire 100% around the island.

This means that I need to produce over 7 feet of sea wall and approaching 16 feet of barbed wire!  Bearing in mind this is for 6mm you get an idea of the scope of project this is.

I haven't measured how long a lolly stick is but a quick calculation shows that I'm going to need quite a few for the barbed wire.  It also means another trip to B&Q for some more pine strips for the wall.  And Asda for the cocktail sticks. 

Lest I forget I've also got to produce 27 riflemen, 9 HMG and 3 mortar stands. And some HQ stands.  And some flame / smoke markers for Buffaloes and Higgins Boats (as I'm sure we'll lose a couple on the way in...)

Oh - and some more Japanese MG bunkers.

So the late night oil will be burning in our house over the next week.  I wonder if I can kock some out while I'm at work?



We still need something to denote an anti-tank trench and