How to alienate your neighbours

Not a wargames story but I suppose amusing.

To set the scene.  We live in a semi-detached house with two (unconnected) brick walls separating our property.  Over these walls a huge block of ivy has been allowed to grow (from the neighbour's side).  This has found its way into our shed (which backs onto the wall) and pulled up some of the roofing felt.

Mrs B asked me to replace said felt.  To fold it over I had to push back some of the ivy overhanging our shed roof.  As I did so I heard the unmistakable sound of bricks falling onto concrete.  I immediately stopped and popped next door to advise them of impending doom.  This done I returned to the shed to attach the felt to the roof.

No sooner had I done so that a creaking sound was heard as the weight of ivy won against the old rickety fence attached to the wall.  It fell away - and took down half of the neighbour's wall with it!  Once the dust had settled I surveyed the damage and concluded that it was a disaster waiting to happen.  The ivy had pushed into the gap between the walls and was both pulling the wall down yet holding it up at the same time.  The push back from the shed was simply the merest catalyst to set the whole thing tumbling.

We now have a much better view of the neighbour's garden, a brighter back garden of our own - and no doubt an angry neighbour bent on revenge!

Ho hum!