Ancients campaign - it's all happening!

After coming back from the dead last week, the return saw all kinds of activity.  I personally aimed to recapture the remaining territories pinched by Russ.  John continued to peck away at my territories as well (being surrounded by three barbarian nations I suppose he hasn't much choice.

Ian meanwhile seemed to be gunning for Rome in a big way.  He'd grabbed Sicily (which Russ aimed to get another foothold in) but his main move was to go over the Alps and attack Rome directly.  Russ had to get forces back to the Italian mainland to counteract this.

I took the opportunity to snaffle up a host of Roman, Gallic and Carthaginian territories with the aim of grabbing troops that can counteract John's peltasts.  Hiding in the wood?  Let me introduce my savage warbands!

It was left off with Ian and Russ set to fight a titanic battle for control of Italy.  Should be bloody!


The general situation.  Me grabbing Greece back and making serene and uninterrupted progress across Spain and Gaul.  The Seleucids grabbing bits of Greece (grrr) and Russ and Ian fighting for Italy and the deep blue sea.