How to make...anti tank ditch and barbed wire

Some pics of the completed (and uncompleted) items.

First up - the anti-tank trench.  This needs to be over 170cm long (enough to cover 17 hexes) so I needed something long and flexible (ooh errr Missus!) but which I could paint and flock.  I used that non-slip stuff you can use in tour car dashboard (cheap from Tesco, I think).

I still need to put some talus on the lighter brown bit but I think it looks OK - better than masking tape anyway.  T-34 6mm tank for scale.






Onto the barbed wire.  This shows half of the wire done and half not completed.  They are now all done.



I've left the wire shiny to make it stand out for now.  I'll probably 'rust' it up a bit before the battle begins.




Half the wire required - I hope!
The other half - needs drybrushing and wire.

Hundreds of unfinished marines. 


Alternative sea wall with plastic base