Is there a better feeling...?

Than getting a parcel full of figures through the post?  My order from Steve Barber turned up today - and absolute sackful of lead! 

7 bags of Parthian Horse archers and 5 of Parthian Cataphracts - together with a command group, some Parthian Archers and Spearmen (which can double for any 'Eastern' group).


A big box of fun


Parthian Horse Archers (including the backward Parthian Shot pose!)



Parthian Catapracts - bad news for opposition cavalry


I also got 2 bags of early Germans which I'm going to add to my Gallic Warriors to create a bit of variety as well as build a couple of BG's of Noble Warriors (as opposed to your standard Gallic lunatics).

The depressing thing (in some respects) is that I still have considerably more unpainted lead than painted - despite creating two entire armies.  But it will all keep me busy until Christmas - when I'll look at the Medieval period.