Magnetic basing - more supplies needed.

I've mentioned this previously.  I stick magnetic tape to the bases of my troops and carry them around in file boxes lines with steel paper - this stops them moving about in transit and so getting damaged.

With the addition of my Greek troops (and all the Gauls and Spanish yet to paint) I've found that I'm running out of storage space and need some more steel paper and magnetic tape.  I've transferred my Greeks and Romans to my metal toolbox for easier transportation - and my 6mm Napoleonics have taken their place in the A4 storage boxes - but I'm getting short on storage.

Russ on his blog mentioned that he'd found a cheap supplier of good quality steel paper.  Products for Wargamers (http://www.productsforwargamers.com/storage/magneticbasing.html) produce good quality steel paper (10 sheets for £9).  This is quite thin but with a high steel content meaning that 'grip' is much better.  They also do a nice line in brass / aluminium measuring sticks which look very classy and I may be tempted to go for a mix of both.

My usual supplier of magnetic tape no longer supplies it (Rats!  it was dead cheap) so I've been looking around at alternatives.

One source is Anchor Magnets (http://anchormagnets.co.uk/) who do a good range for relatively low cost (a 5m roll at £3!) - but postage is a bit steep at £5+.  I'm thinking of getting 3 different widths (for different bases).

Another option is Eclipse Magnets (http://www.magnets2buy.com/) who do 30m rolls from just £10 (for 12.75mm width) - which is excellent value.

The only problem with Products for Wargamers is that ordering is not straightforward (messing around with e-mails and the like) but a small price to pay, I'm sure.

Anyway - I'll keep you posted as to which way I go.