DBA / DBMM

I've heard DBA being described as the rules that you should hate - but can't.  The first time I played them I thought they were too simplistic (an awful lot of 'bouncing' going on) but for a quick bash on a club night they can't be beaten. 

I'm now looking at DBMM as a more complex alternative but for a campaign tool DBA is probably the best system.  Knock out a 1/4 of the opposition, kill their general or grab the camp and that's it!  Result obtained - move on to the next one.  This means for an ancients campaign we're planning for next year we can squeeze 3-4 battles into a night (rather than just one with Warmaster Ancients) meaning that the campaign keeps flowing and everyone feels involved.

The fact that you can create an army from a few stands means that its relatively cheap to build the necessary armies and they can be painted quickly as well.  I'm still ploughing through my Gauls for FOG but already have enough for a substantial Gallic army for DBA.