The flexible road tutorial

As requested - how to make the flexible road.

First, get your foam groundsheet (I got mine from Poundland for £1 - actually I think it may have been the (99p store in Liverpool) and cut a strip to size.



Cut to the same size as a resin road section.
Then the important bit.  I paint the strip using emulsion, not acrylic, and paint ALL surfaces (both sides and edges) at the same time.  Now this is messy but does mean that the shrinkage is minimized as a result.  I tend to use tester pots from DIY stores which cost 70p to £1.  The one below is from Wilkinsons.



Paint all sides at the same time.  A white tile helps keep the mess to a minimum - and can be washed afterwards.
Once dry, I paint it all again (same colour, all over).  Then I drybrush a lighter colour down the middle of the road (again, emulsion tester pot - Earthy Hue is what I use!).



Then PVA down each side and scatter some talus.



Then add some flock and - shazam! - that's it!



And it's as bendy as the last one.