Next Big Project - update

The goalposts have changed as last night (while slaving over my Prussian Mixed bases for Mark the Overseer) I found a whole heap of Napoleonic French (Baccus).  I have no idea when I bought these but it looks like a standard army pack.

Doing the sums, there's enough for 10 PoW bases of foot, more than enough Curassiers and other Cavalry and certainly enough artillery for the majority of the army lists in the PoW book.

It does mean having to add Westphalians, Saxons etc. but the base army is already there.

So I've decided (as Mark and Jon have already gone well down the road of building the ACW armies using Heroics and Ros) that the period of choice is likely to be AWI in 6mm.



Likely?  I say this as the other issue is that Ian / Russ have been discussing doing the Italian Wars and the idea of doing landschnekts, Swiss pike blocks etc. sounds a blast.  But there is also the issue that both of them are already across this and we do need to add new elements into the  2013 mix.



So I think AWI is the way to go and I will be mostly doing this (and filling in the small gaps in the Nap French lines) in preparation for the 2013 roster.

In preparation for this, I've used my Amazon money (received for 2 books I sold back to them) to buy two AWI books - a Guide to the Battles of the American Revolution and an Essential Histories book on the American War of Independence.


Thanks for the pointers and suggestions!