Markers for explosions and flamethrowers

We had a battle at Ian's house yesterday (battle report to follow) and during the game discussed markers for Spearhead (and I suppose any other WW2 game).

I used some modelling clay and orange pipecleaners (from Hobbycraft) cut to size and stuck in at all angles - then painted.  Yellow at the centre, then orange, red and black on the extremities.


Ka-boom!

Here's the result.   I think it does the trick but may need to be a tad smaller to fit with 6mm (the scale we use) but at this scale would certainly work for 28mm!

This is what Ian drew on his whiteboard - essentially an explosion marker to denote 'Suppressed' units.  I think I got pretty close.




 
On a similar vein, for Mark's Engineer unit, I've also produced a flame-thrower jet (using a yellow pipe cleaner this time).  This might need to be thicker at the 'business end' but will do for now.  I'll pass it over on Thursday so he can see if it meets his needs.  The wire needs to be masked a bit better, for one!


Scorchio!