New projects for 2011

I 've now got a good idea as to how my spare time will be filled in the early stages of 2011.

1) Rebasing the Napoleonics. 
Once the mdf bases arrive, I'll finish off the rebasing of my exisiting Napoleonics to Grand Armee bases.  Looking at the sixe (and cost!) of Baccus' 6mm troops I've also decided to economise by placing only 24 infantry and c. 9 cavalry to a base (12 for heavy) and putting more emphasis on the base scenery (including trees, fallen logs, large stones etc.

2) Painting the remaining Napoleonics
I still have a load of unpainted cavalry, artillery and line troops to finish so I'll focus on these before painting the new arrivals.

3) Painting the new arrivals
I've got a load of Prussians and British on the way and they will follow the remaining unpainted Napoleonic lead and be based in turn.  Once these are done, my British / Prussian armies will be complete, leaving me free to...

4) Finish the 10mm Gauls
I need these as the next Ancient army and to supplement the Ancient Spanish.  The Gaul troops can double for a host of armies (Germans, British, Ligurians, Celtiberians, etc.) and also provide support troops for other armies - so they'll be most useful.

5) Complete the cork roads and rivers. 
I'll aim to knock off enough roads (and bends, crossroads etc.) for any ancient and Naps battles as well as two sizes of river. 

6) Make a new dice tower
I'm going for an MDF / acrylic / hardboard combo that will be more robust than balsa wood and allow me to stop rolling 1's and 2's all the time!

7) Finish the hills
I need to complete cutting / flocking of the MDF hill shapes I've made.

8) Finish the Parthians
They sit there - half finished, imploring me to do the job.  I will, boys!

9) Do the Greeks
I've given these a base coat so at some stage I need to slap some colour on them - but there are so many of them I may...

10) Paint up the Ancient Spanish command
As the Spanish Army needs its commanders.  At the same time I'll do the Roman cavalry to supplement my Republican Roman horses - and replace the triarii with the better Magister Militum figures. 

11) Do the elephants and chariots
I can't field an Eastern Successor Army until these are done - so I intend to do them

12) Do the Imperial Romans
I bought these at a trade show - bargain price.  I'll leave these as the last Ancient Army to complete.

So 1 project a month should see me home and dry.  But I'll clearly instead try to do lots of these at the same time and fail miserably!