The next big project - I have no idea

I'm selling off - in bits and bobs - my 28mm stuff (everything from Afrika Korps to alien hunters) in bits and bobs on E-bay.  I sold my Terminator robots and Grymn space dwarves for £40 and added to the money from Ian for my first painting commission (loads of Moghul cavalry and Indian foot) I've got some cash to spend.

But what on?

6mm ACW is the obvious choice - but we don't know what we're doing on that yet and I don't want to jump the gun (although I may buy some Baccus and paint them up as I can always sell them if we don't go down that route).  We need to go through the process of finding the right rules first and this won't happen for a couple of months so its a watch and see process.




Then there is 6mm ECW.  Ian has a ton of 6mm based up for PoW but I'm thinking about an ECW campaign using DBR for the rules (fast play) so we'd need 4 simple armies to fight out a 2 vs 2 campaign, based up for DBR.  However, the ancients campaign still has a long way to run and so we can pick up that later in the year instead.




Russ is going to put on a run of Impetus ancients battles for March.  Now I've got a lot of 6mm ancients unpainted and I've got no problem painting these up for March (its all pike and hoplites with some cavalry chucked in).  So not much to do there really.  Certainly nothing to buy in terms of metal!



WW2 Spearhead is coming up and I do have a lot (an awful lot) of unpainted or 'needs re-painting' US, British and German armour - as well as a lot of re-touching of my Russians.  Now I have mainly middle to late Russians so I could spring for a batch of early war T-28's and BT-5's and the like - but I don't need many.  So I'm looking the other way and may develop a French army to fight the early war period.  The problem with the French is that you only really get 1 campaign / battle out of them though.  Italians might be better.




There's Dark Ages though.  I could spring for a collection of Saxons, Normans and Vikings that can be based for FOG and DBx - add in some Moors and we get the full set of early Crusades, invasion of Spain, etc.  So definitely one to consider.




But top of the list could be a Japanese samurai army.  The beauty with these boys is that you can mix early with late (just add musketry!) and they will fight each other.  This could set the arena for a Japanese campaign (similar to the ancients one but fighting for gold, rice and land.  Each territory will have its strengths and weaknesses (in terms of wealth, defensibility and access to troops) but generally troop types will be very similar - putting more emphasis on generalship.  In addition, players may lose Prestige Points by trading with the barbarian Europeans - but gain access to better guns, gold, silk etc. 



So I may plump for the Samurai army and aim to start another campaign late in the year (or early 2013).