Prussians!

My word, these are taking longer than I thought.  Still, I've managed to polish off the artillery today, and made progress on some more infantry bases.  I must get into the cavalry this week and at least knock out 4 bases of horsey types - as well as the C-in-C base and some commander bases as well.


Prussain artillery and limbers


All 8 cannon and limbers. Note only one cannon to a base.

I'm preparing the troops based on the Battle of Dennewitz (roster below).  I'm sticking with the idea of just using 24 line figures for a couple of reasons. 

There are lots of MX units (cavalry and infantry on the same base) - and some of these have skirmishers as well.  If I went for 48 infantry per base they would look very crowded.  In addition, I know I can get the 26 bases ready for a week or so - but not if they had twice the troops on them.  However, I am being a bit cunning - the troops are only PVA'd on and I've placed the troops with lots of space between the lines - meaning that I could drop in two extra lines (one behind the rear line, one in front of the front line) if I change my mind.


Some completed infantry bases - with artillery bases in between.  Put together, the 'scenery' on the base seems to work well.

I'm certainly going to have to buy another unit of cavalry (I'm going to use the Reserve Cavalry to populate my mixed regiments).  If we end up doing Ligny / Waterloo I'm also going to need more artillery.  I'm tempted to try some Adler Prussians to see how they sit alongside my Baccus figures - hopefully they wont be too out of place.


Roster for Dennewitz

III Corps (Hohenzollern)
Veteran (SK2)
Veteran (SK2)
Veteran MX (SK2)
Veteran MX (SK2)

Trained (SK1)
Trained (SK1)
Trained MX (SK1)
Trained MX (SK1)
Trained MX (SK1)

Conscripts
Conscripts
Conscripts

Dragoons
Hussars
12 pdr Foot
12 pdr Foot
12 pdr Foot
12 pdr Foot
6 pdr Horse
6 pdr Horse

IV Corps : Tauentzien
Trained (SK1)
Trained MX (SK1)
Conscripts MX
Conscripts MX
Conscripts MX
6pdr Horse