6mm, Flames of War and other stuff

I had a look at the Flames of War rules and scenario booklets when last in Hobbycraft.  They look like a lot of fun (although they look to be influenced by Games Workshop) but they come at eye-wateringly expensive prices.  £40+ for a few tanks!  £30 for each supplement!  Perhaps they're more influenced by Games Workshop than I thought.  They are nice looking and all, but really! 

I'm tempted to give them a go but there's no way I'm going to spring for those prices - at least not the tanks and figures.  So instead (as I suspect many others have) I'd look at playing them with 6mm. 

After all, you can buy five 6mm tanks for £2 (as opposed to £40!) and also have more space to battle.   And building a battle group would cost buttons (a few tanks, troops, trucks etc.  - call it £15 and you'd have all you need.

So what I save in equipment, I can spend on the books. 

Not sure yet (as I'm loving Spearhead as a rule set) but its always fun to try something new.