Victory at Sea - WW2 naval battles.

I've had two battle reports pending for two naval battles we fought over the last few weeks.  John has suggested that I never do a batrep for battles I've lost - which isn't true (but I do feel a tad less motivated to write a few hundred words on a battle lost).

So anyway, in a nutshell we fought two really good battles.  One was a Japanese vs Americans night battle (Americans had more ships but we had Long Lance torpedos).  Ian and I took the Japanese navy and thanks to some terrible admiralship by Ian we lost by getting too close to their destroyers.  He should have done the decent thing and committed hari-kari to be fair.

The second battle saw me and Mark as the Americans (with a big carrier fleet) take on Russ and Ian (with two carriers and a rock hard battleship).  It was a corking battle with planes zooming around everywhere.  Once again I was let down by terrible command decisions by Mark who sacrificed our screening cruisers (rather than make smoke and cover the carriers).  It ended as a bit of a stalemate but maybe the japanese edged it (despite losing 95% of their planes).

There's nothing left to say really.  Never let it be said that a) I never do a bat rep where I lose and b) I unfairly place the blame elsewhere.