Parthians / Sarmatians / Whateverans

I've finally got around to knocking some Parthians off for my 'eastern' 10mm FOG armies.  These guys will not only represent their own country but may well pop up as Saka, Skythians. Bactrians, Sarmatians, Sassanids and any other group that hung around that corner of the world and rode horses.  These are a mixture of Steve Barber and Pendraken.

Sassanid Persians.

Commanders
Armoured lancers / kataphracts

Parthian semi-armoured lancers




Horse archers - with added Parthian shot.



I've completed all BG's I need for the heavily armoured kataphract-types.  I still have to knock out a full 5BG of horse archers (20 bases / 40 figures) but a lot of these are already on the production line.

The Parthians seem very light on the foot soldiers - these are nearly completed so I can wrap up the army and take on Russ' Persians or Indians to see if all that horse archer firepower actually works.


Upcoming stuff
Next will be the Gallic medium foot and cavalry (so I can finally get a Gaul army on the table), then the remaining Greek hoplites, Cretan Archers and Thracian Peltasts (to complete the Greek army).

After that, the Imperial Roman army to whup the Early British that Russ is pulling together.

The remaining box of unpainted metal (as far as ancients is concerned) is running quite low.  I've got the new Republican Romans coming from Pendraken (allowing me to then sell my old Republican Romans which never looked right).  So - with my Marian legionaires I'll pretty much have

Then we look at new options.  I need some camelry for the DBA campaign so a Moorish / Arab army might come next (useful as these guys can be used from 400BC to around 1200AD!).  This will allow us to investigate the Dark Ages (or maybe the Crusades) as the next big thing.  But that's a long way down the road. As it is, I think we'll soon have all the troops to construct most of the armies in Rise of Rome, Immortal Fire and Legions Triumphant.

Which is nice.