Wargaming Bugbears #1

Over the next few days I'll aim to list all the major and minor irritations that the hobby throws up and see if you agree with any of them!

Wargaming Bugbear #1 - spilled paint
Only because I did this yesterday (trying to paint some Parthian cataphracts).

Some paints never spill thanks to the container design (take your hat off, Vallajo paints!).  Some seem destined to topple over and deposit their entire contents over the desk in a blink of an eye (Games Workshop paints always seemed to do this to me - and also those lids that meant that after shaking a large blob would fall down behind the hinge or onto the rim of the paint pot - invariably causing a mess and getting on your paws).  I managed to knock over a Blood Red over the desk (and me) a couple of weeks ago.  After mopping up I went to wash my hands - it looked liked I'd slashed my wrists!  Who'd have though such a little pot would have so much in it?

Today the culprit was a pot of Tamiya I was using to paint the horses.  I thought I'd screwed the lid down (thought....) but as I was moving the large kitchen tile I use to mix my paints on (easier to use and easy to clean) the said Tamiya rolled onto its side, off the desk and - splat - brown paint all over the carpet!


AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!