....as a goose?

In recent interview with Out Magazine Molly Ringwald that's said that Ducky was gay.

"The most overlooked archetype in Hughes’s high school oeuvre was “the gay kid” -- or at least an out one. “John wrote a lot of gay characters,” Ringwald says easily. “But it was something that we never talked about. I would say in just about every movie he did, he had a character that easily could have been gay.”

Even the iconic final Pretty in Pink shot -- the prom sequence ends with Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy kissing in the street -- was one of two possible happy endings that Hughes shot. In the other version, Andie ends up with flamboyant, heart-on-his-sleeve Duckie, played by Jon Cryer.

There was just one problem, Ringwald says: “Duckie doesn’t know he’s gay. I think he loves Andie in the way that [my gay best friend] always loved me. That ending fell so flat -- it bombed at all the screenings. I didn’t realize it then -- I just knew that my character shouldn’t end up with him, because we didn’t have that sort of chemistry. If John was here now, and I could talk to him, I think that he would completely acknowledge that."

So.....something you wanted to say big guy?
Happy Austin Friday!