IMFAR 2012: Toronto bound



Tomorrow, I'm jumping on a plane bound (indirectly) for Toronto and the annual International Meeting for Autism Research. It should be good. The program, which I've just downloaded, looks pretty exciting. But secretly I'm even more excited about catching up with old friends and colleagues and meeting some of the wonderful people I've come to know through blogging and tweeting.

On Thursday morning I'm presenting a poster in a session entitled Brain Imaging: Resting State fcfMRI and Structural Imaging. This is a little strange as I'm doing neither Resting State, fcMRI, nor Structural Imaging. Such, I've discovered, is often the way of conferences.

70: Atypical Brain Responses to Illusory Auditory Pitch in Children with Autism.
Session 107 -  Thursday 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Sheraton Hall

Apparently I have to stand next to the poster for an hour between 9 and 10am. So if you'd like to drop by and say hello, I'll definitely be there then. For everyone else, you can get a sneak peak of the poster here (warning, it's a big old PDF).

My PhD student, Shu Yau, is also presenting a poster. I've just realised that she's on at exactly the same time as me, but in the Neurophysiology session (and no, she's not doing neurophysiology either). So you should go and say hello to her too. 

186: Auditory Processing and Language Impairment in Children with ASD
Session 111 - Thursday 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM - Sheraton Hall

I'm planning on writing a post about the conference, probably after it's over. If anyone else is blogging IMFAR, let me know and I'll add a link.

In the meantime, it seems appropriate to plug an old post from a few years ago. It's about flying to a conference and how that's related to brain networks in autism. Unusually for me, it's actually a pretty decent analogy!


Made it to Canada. Work starts tomorrow!!