Jake's Gone Wild ....

....and back.



Jake spent last weekend going Wild with Bear Grylls at Iceland's famous glacier volcano Eyjafjallajökull and the Fimmvörduháls mountain range for the Bear's show Man vs. Wild. And it was Iceland that brought wild with a storm during the shoot.

“We can confirm that we were with Gyllenhaal and Grylls but I’d rather not comment any further on the story,” said Thór Kjartansson at the Icelandic production company True North which assisted the show’s crew on the glacier. “But they definitely got the wildest and best of Icelandic nature,” he added. (Iceland Review)


Jake traded in the Source Code duds for survival gear heading there straight from his last appearance in Rome. Guess the causal sportwear wasn't going to cut and reports were Jake of dropped by the 66°North store before heading to the mountains. It might be Jake's first time in Iceland but not his first in their famous gear.

Jake in 66°North

And keeping his rep as food enthusiast he hit the Laundromat Café in Reykjavik twice before dining al fresco in the wild with Bear.

“He came here twice, on Friday night and Saturday and was totally relaxed,” commented Steinn Einar at Laundromat. (Iceland Review)

It looked like the shoot was quicker than Jake's used to doing. If he was in Reykjavik on Sat and sources say that the shoot ended Monday night, looks like it was about 48 hours worth or wild.

And where's the wild man now?

Well a few tweets are saying they've seen Jake in New York today.

dlgann: Jake Gyllenhaal is walking down Hudson Street! about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

melissapresti Jake Gyllenhaal is outside, no big deal. I'm leaving for lunch and not coming back. about 3 hours ago via web

tffnyxx My mom left me a voice mail to tell me that she was just walking next to Jake Gyllenhaal #dead about 3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®


But The Day After Tomorrow ? Guess will have to wait and see.


Speaking of seeing:

New Eyes for the Needy tweeted a picture today of Jake in action at their silent auction and event on March 31st.

Jake told the crowd that he wears glasses when he “needs to look smart”. And revealed how he heard of New Eyes. "When I was a kid, my grandfather asked me to donate my glasses to Needy Eyes. ‘No way,’ I said, ‘I can’t part with them . . .’ I have since learned the error of my ways."