Two Takes in the City

Austin in Grand Central Station.
(Behind the camera)


Austin in Grand Central Station
(Front of the camera via @tiffanypehaut)
"@aus10nichols , my little sister and I at the grand central station in NY !! nice ! Austin is so cool !! "

What makes the difference? The Choo Choo Trains?

Austin and trains.....hmmmm..... do you think he was whistling "Morning Train"? ; )

Austin's been getting a lot of praise for his directing, and it came from a lot hard work.

Austin admitted to Zap2It, in a interview with him and Mark Schawhn, that when he first got the script he was wary. "To be honest with you, I was a little disappointed. They call it a 'clip show' -- where you flash back to various moments in the series -- and I was kind of disappointed that I wouldn't get to direct an entire episode. The episode ended up being a lot more than a clip show, though."

Austin "didn't take any shortcuts. He watched the older material so that he could design transitions into and out of the flashbacks. He even went back to the old dailies from when the scenes were shot, years ago, to examine all the footage in the vault. 'We wanted to make the scenes feel new,' he says. 'It's really about the fans who have been with the show for 8 years and kind of presenting them with this reminder of how far the characters have come.'

'We had long conversations about character and intention,' Schwahn adds. 'He just walked out on the rope and put on a great show. He's got a nice knack for it and communicates really well. I was proud of him, I'm proud of that episode.'

And what's next for Julian? Looks like he's going to mad. " 'To see Julian get upset and get angry and get aggressive was a breath of fresh air,' Schwahn says. 'To hear him raise his voice is so rare. He's so supportive and so solid and so sweet to Brooke that it's nice to see him blow up a little bit.'"

and one more hint about the finale

"There's a scene in the finale that's just me," he tells us. "It was a really emotional moment for Julian, he's alone, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off, but ultimately I think it was some of the best work I've done in my career. I'm hoping that it comes across as well on screen as it felt in the moment, but it's something I'm very proud of."
...

Jake getting Arty in the Streets

WSJ caught up with Jake's visit to the Geffen Contemporary at MOCA in LA when he attended the artist's opening last week for Art in the Streets.

Doing the East Coast look (black on black) Jake ran into former Donnie Darko co-star Seth Rogan.

(Those playing Six Degrees of Jake, Seth was in Observe and Report Jake's next co-star Michael Pena)