Take As Directed

Tonight is a big night for Austin, it's his directorial debut.

Check out this sneak peak, and see how many different camera set ups he did for these couple of minutes. (My count : 8)


Multiple takes with that many setups = Texas Cracker Torture

Austin is dishing on his directing debut and a hinting at some spoilers for what's in store for Brulian.

It sounds like he has wanted to director for a long time, telling TVGuide.com

"I've watched directors since my very first day of acting because I knew I wanted to direct. I painstakingly paid attention to every move and every word. But I was really struck by the fact that once I actually stood in the shoes of a director and I was directing, [those] observations seemed absolutely useless."

How'd he get the job? He said just kept showing up to production meetings. (Just like a little kid that never goes away, until they get what they want.) Austin wasn't thrilled with the episode he was assigned, because it was filled with flashbacks. "At first I was like, 'Oh, that sucks I can't shoot a whole episode,' but then as I started looking at the clips and trying to tie them together with my scenes, I was like, 'Wow this is really cool. Fans are going to love these.'"

"One of my favorite transitions is from Haley and Nathan's first kiss to them back in the present day. The way their heads are configured mirrors what it was like."

Sounds like Austin was pleased with his first time directing from what he told TVLine.com (check out their exclusive pic of Austin in action)


“When I finished directing, I felt like I’d really done something new and bigger and better,” gushes Nichols. “It was an incredible feeling to accomplish a task like that. Tons of directors have come through and done it, so it isn’t something that’s miraculous, but to me, it’s miraculous.

Tonight might not be Babies R U for everyone. As with anything on the Crazy Tree, things don't always go as planned, or as logic would dictate. But Austin hint at "the end is going to be so sweet, after we go through what we’re about to go through.”

Maybe the dog that ate Dan's heart will make an appearance and now take off with Brulian's baby.

BrookeDavis(TM) "Stop that dog just took my baaaaay - bee" (cry cry anguished face cry cry)

Julian "Maybe the Dingo took your baby"

BrookeDavis(TM): "Julian! Get Serious!This is not the time for that. Our baby was just taken away by pot smoking dog. Why do things like this always happy to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (cry cry anguished face cry cry) Julian take that ridiculous outfit off.

Julian: I blame the Crazy Tree.


Tonight on the Crazy Trees. Babies, Saltines, Flashbacks, and oh yeah BrookeDavis (TM) is going to cry.

Good Luck Austin!


Today marks a sad anniversary, it was a year ago today that oil spill in the Gulf happened. Many,including Austin, have taken the opportunity of taking such a tragedy and using it as a catalyst for change. Everyone can play a part in making a difference to help environment.