Songbird

Under the guise of a 12 day trip to Indonesia, Austin Nichols has been secretly working in an intensive vocal training program to prepare for a shot on the show The Voice.

"Singing has been a passion of mine. Turning thirty last year I made a goal that I would kick start my singing career. I did have the chance to sing the theme song for the episode I directed this season.I've been really busy this year with the show and I had to wait it was was over for before I pursued it. As soon my contracted ended I was on the first plane out of there, heading to live out my dreams. I only have a couple weeks left to do this."
"I hoping to go on The Voice and be recognized for something more than my alarming good looks. It's tough being so damn handsome."


"What do I like to sing? I'm big fan of Kitty Wells and 'It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels', but I've really found my place as a singer with a combination of Western Swing, showtunes, Tibetan throat singing, and the Bee Gees. It works well with my range."

"I've been working on material over the past year, and working with a vocal coach for almost a year, lots of vocalization, extending my range and improving my technique. I just found a new coach to work with for my throat singing."
" Adam will probablythink it's me trying to get to sing with his band again, but I really want to work with Cee-lo, just for the outfits alone.""I'm going to start with the Theme to Thundercats. But my go to song is Katy Perry's "Fireworks" I think I can go all the way."

Happy Austin Friday. (and a little April Fool's too)

Somewhere in the world there is a big tall Texan with a beer in one hand and a mike in another belting out this one out today. ; )



Here's to a great opening weekend for Jake!



New Eyes for the Needy See for Change

NY Screening


Come on, Ring around the rosy