(De)Coded

Jake might have been premiere Source Code but that doesn't mean that was the only Jake movie connection this weekend.


Pee Wee Herman(Paul Reubens) was speaking at a panel discussion on Saturday and the movie Nailed, in which he and Jake worked on came up.
Reported by IndieWire, he gave great praise to both Jake and Jessica for the leading roles in the film.

“I would go home every single night in awe of both leads in the movie, I just could not believe what they were doing. As an actor, what they’re doing is very, very complicated and complex. It’s really hard to pull off what they did. You have to be effortless, but it’s really hard to do,” Reubens said. “And I’ve never seen anybody be so successful with something that complicated [as Gyllenhaal was]. And Jessica Biel is literally—I hate this word, but I can’t think of another word to use—is like a revelation. She’s so incredibly good in the movie, and again, no one’s ever seen her do anything like this… This is like an ingenue. It’s almost like Dorothy in ‘The Wizard Of Oz.’”"Duncan, that was Nailed Pee Wee
was talking about not Source Code.
We didn't have the Lollipop Guild"

Will Nailed ever be released? Herman said that he had heard that Russell is trying to get the film buried. The movie still without an ending scene has set on the shelf since 2008, due to lack of funding. Now that is been bought out by another production group, Russell has removed himself from the film entirely. The screening as far from the final version, and now that Russell has had recent success from The Fighter, he wants to forget the past.

“It’s a great film. I think there’s a great film waiting to come out there [but] I’ve heard from a lot of people recently, that what’s been screened recently is a compilation, it’s not really an edited version and David is taking his name off and has disassociated himself with the film. I heard a rumor last night that someone is actually trying to bury the film because he’s become so successful now,”

But that's far from what is happening with Source Code, which is getting good reviews and Jake getting much praise for his performance, and on is track for success at the box office.

Some movie trivia:
Source Code has something in common with TDAT besides filming in Montreal, producer Mark Gordon. Source Code was a project that had been in looking for a director and a go for two year.

"Mark Gordon was producing the film and he was developing it with Jordan Wynn. They sent the script to me and after the first ten pages I said “What…is…going…on?” It’s totally up my alley. I hadn’t explored a world like that in a while so it was like finding water in a desert. The story works in a way I love my mind to work.


Check out a interview with producer Mark Gordon from SXSW.


There was no clear director on it, but it was an amazing script. It really depended on who took the helm. I was in a couple of other movies and then Mark finally said “Listen, who would you love to make this movie with?” A few months prior, I had met with Duncan Jones. I had seen Moon and thought it was incredible. So he came to mind and I told Mark he would be good, but I didn’t think it could happen. We tried, and within a week, Duncan called back and said he wanted to make it. Within four months we started making Source Code. " - Check out the rest of a great interview with Jake in Toro Magazine

But was Gordon the only one from TDAT to catch Source Code in Austin?

AlyssaMS: Rumor: Tons of ppl were turned away from watching SOURCE CODE at Paramont due to Jake Gyllenhaal wanting the entire balcony. (Thanks PG for this find - Gold Star to you)

I've got five for the balcony.

That's odd it looked like Jake had a seat on the aisle 9th row on the floor.

matthewfong: Ladies, be jealous...I'm sitting across the aisle from Jake Gyllenhaal at the premiere of Source Code #sxsw review on @screenings tomorrow