Spearhead / Where the Iron Crosses grow.

I've decided to splash out on a new ruleset and ordered Spearhead from Caliver Books and the Eastern Front scenario (and army list book) Where the Iron Crosses Grow.

I've also decided to get a mid to late war Russian army.  I've always liked the Russian army and the mixture of both excellent and wierd / wonderful vehicles,


Looks like I'll one day be taking on Mark's late Germans with a wide assortment of weaponry including the Joseph Stalin, the T76, the KV2 etc. as well as the famed Katyusha.  I need to do a lot more research into the weaponry at my disposal (I'm eagerly waiting to see the effect of massed Russian artillery!).

I've looked at manufacturers and it looks like a toss-up between H&R and Scotia.  I did look at GHQ - the vehicles were very well made but they come in at 3x the price of an H&R equivalent.  Good sculpting or not, there's no justification for such a price difference (unless they're made from gold, of course) so I'm going to buy a few units from the former and see which I prefer.

To find out more about the period, I briefly googled 'Russian WW2 tanks' last night and this beasty turned up.  I'm not sure if it was real or not but if it is, I'm having one!  Run for your life, Fritzy!