Tie in

Jake was charming as ever on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Obsessed with Jimmy's cape tie, Kimmel could not resist the power of Jakey, and cut it off.

It wasn't all about Source Code, Jake talked about his birthday, helping his mom finding her a date (turning the tables, Jake?), Ikea Swedish meatballs, Grandparents ribbon candy, and what happens when you're not Oprah in Australia.




Jake also told a funny story about his best friend, his tie and yeah baby, and the BAFTAs, that made people wonder if they were a couple.

Anyone else think it was a kind of trail balloon?

Jake told how his mom got him a rare Banksy print for his 30th birthday.

Hmmm what's a little Banksy between buds?

I'm going around back to see if I can sneak in. Just saw Banksy tagging a wall. Stay tuned...





Also making the rounds is that Jake is talking about doing more than just acting. He's not giving it up but he is prepared to consider going behind the camera, and talking about directing. “That’s probably where the future lies for me – but I’m not going to give up the day job just yet. I’d like to see where it goes.”

“You're always wondering how long this will last. It's a piece of being an actor. There's always someone more talented or younger than you."

Jake has talked before about want to write before as well. He said he also developing a few things at the moment. Jake has had his own production company, Nine Stories, (named after J.D. Salinger's collection of short stories) for years. So will there be future projects under the Nine Stories title soon?

"But I also like to write. In years to come, I think that will expand. I won't just be scrapping for the next job. Maybe I'll create something for myself."

Now who else is an actor, who's talked about writing, and has had his first directing job?

Day 2 of editing. What an incredible process. I have been bitten by the filmmaking bug. I love this!! via Twitter for BlackBerry®

More than a bestie?