Gauls - skirmishers and gaesati first off the production line

Here are the first Gauls painted and bases.  I started with the gaesati - the naked warriors - with 8 bases of these bad boys knocked out in pretty short order.


Gaesati - get some clothes on!

Next some archers and slingers - probably more than I'll ever use (unless we try Gauls vs Celtiberians or Ligurians so they can play on both sides.  I still have a few more to complete so will end up with around 20 bases of each.


Gallic bows

Gallic slingers

The javelinmen are nearing completion - again, about 15 bases of these so certainly enough for 2BG.

Then I move on to the Warriors - starting with the Nobles and then the ordinary rank and file.

Finally the cavalry and chariots (just 6 of the latter so far though I may need more if I get round to doing early British).

The cavalry come in 3 lots - one 'elite' BG, enough for 4 BG of 'average' cavalry and 2BG of light horse. 

The commanders will be a mixture of horse and foot (depending on the terrain).

I'm thinking these should be complete in about 2 weeks - and will mean that I can then furnish just about any type of barbarian group from Rome's Northern boundaries.